Heyo! It’s been a good bit since I have posted a recipe. I have been doing this “clean eating plan” that I put together from the beginning of the year and plan to do it all the way through March so I haven’t been able to be as creative because I am sticking to my meal plan 100%. Anyway, as y’all can probably guess, I love cooking and coming up with recipes to share, so I’ve missed it! I have every intention to get back to more recipe posting in coming months.
Anyway— today I have one to share with you, whoop whoop whoop! I am OBSESSED with anything Thai peanut flavored. To those who haven’t taken their taste buds in that direction, you might think adding peanut butter to things like noodles or kale or well anything except for bread or a banana is insane. Well you are right, except that it is insane-ly good! One day I thought up this recipe for these Thai Peanut Kale Wraps and I have eaten them a handful of times and they are tasty, healthy, crunchy, filling, and colorful. It is easy to just prep all the stuff and then pull it out and make them for lunch throughout the week. Best of all this tasty recipe is packed with so many veggies and they are coated with that delicious Thai peanut flavor!
Red bell pepper
For the sauce:
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy works best)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon minced ginger or ginger paste
1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
Pinch red pepper flakes
1/4-1/3 cup water (add in gradually and taste to see how much you want )
1) Cook your quinoa according to the package
2) Make your sauce by combining all of the ingredients together in a magic bullet, blender, or by hand.
3) Put chopped kale in a bowl (don’t use the hard parts of the stem) and pour the peanut sauce over the top. You judge how much you want on their but I like a lot of sauce… Most important part: MASSAGE your kale with the sauce on it for 1 minute. This helps the kale to be more enjoyable to eat.
4) Next chop your veggies into thin strips or however you like to eat them.
5) Add everything to a tortilla, quinoa, kale with sauce, bell pepper, carrot, avocado, and cilantro, roll up, and enjoy!